Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Toshiba red power light blinks on and off but the picture

Customer Question

Toshiba red power light blinks on and off but the picture does not dome on
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It started today. I used to get vertical lines for about 30 seconds until it warmed up for about 2 weeks.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged for 5 minutes then plugged it back in and tried turning it on, same thing. Blinking power light no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. In order to assist I need some more info.

1) What is the model number off of the back of the set?

2) Roughly how old is the TV?

3) Please check that blinking power light and let me know if it's blinking in a pattern (for example: 3 blinks, 3 blinks, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.