Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I am having trouble getting a remote to work after changing

Customer Question

I am having trouble getting a remote to work after changing the batteries. I have gone to the manual and tried to follow the directions there but have not been successful. It is a M series HDTV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. What remote is it you're trying to get to work- the original Vizio remote?

Also what exactly do you see on your TV screen right now?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set operates normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.