Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Watching tv just went black, emerson 2 years, everything, no

Customer Question

watching tv just went black
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: emerson 2 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Is there sound coming from the tv speakers?

-If you press MENU on the tv itself, does anything come up on the screen?

-If you press MENU on the original Emerson remote, does anything come up on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
fix my tv done paid 28.00
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

This is a chat where we communicate back and forth to try and solve your issue. Since I am not there with you, I need to know what is going on, starting with:

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no sound no picture remote dont work
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.
-plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on.

If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed with a meter, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted but I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing more than a new 42" Tv and could take a few days to weeks to get all sorted. I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first toward a replacement tv rather than going for a repair.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service.

An in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks