Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Blue Ray player Model DMR- PWT530. The remote

Customer Question

I have a Blue Ray player Model DMR- PWT530. The remote control Signal indicator light keeps flashing, when I hold my hand up in front of the player it stops. I cant play anything as after about 30 seconds it jumps to standby. I have disconnected the unit from the power but doesnt fix it. I did it overnight but no differenteither - any suggestions please? Thanks Karl
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Karl and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried to temporarily disable the remote control by removing the batteries? ...would the symptom persist even if remote has no with batteries?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
done that but makes no difference. it still flashes even when the player is turned off
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

I understand that symptom persist with remote disabled and player is turned Off.

Is the player in front of any electronic device?