Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Can not access Netflix on my Samsung Smart TV (UN65HU8550)

Customer Question

Can not access Netflix on my Samsung Smart TV (UN65HU8550) after clicking a update button. Netflix was working before the update. Have tried to correct problem using posts on internet.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Lloyd.

What is the software version your tv is currently running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not know. How do I find out?
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You would go into the samsung menu, under Help, or About, and it should show there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Version 1152
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Are any of the other apps working?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay go into the Advanced menu on the tv and choose the factory reset option, then reconnect tv to wifi and log back into netflix to try to connect.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cannot find the factory reset option on the menu. Also how do I log off Wify and tuer it back on?
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Wifi is managed under the Network settings

Reset should be under the Advanced or Help/Support section of the menu, may be called restore, defaults, or reset.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK What do I do next?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried connecting to Netflix but my problem is not fixed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

You did the reset, then reconnected the wifi Were you prompted for your netflix username/password?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My problem began when I updated Netflix. No one warned me NOT to update.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Were you prompted to sign in to netflix even?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Before the update? Yes.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

No, NOW. I asked you to factory reset the tv, which would mean you'd have to reconnect to wifi, and then sign in to netflix. Did you do this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay, so when you tried to open netflix again, did you get an error right away, or were you prompted to sign in again this time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No error TV goes blank after clicking onNetflix then returns to regular programming
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

The issue at this point is firmware related, but you have the latest update already, so there is no immediate action that can be taken other than the reset process we have already followed.

For this issue to be resolved, Samsung will have to release another firmware update that will fix the issue.

This type of problem is quite common, and as a general rule unless you are having a specific problem, you should not update just for the sake of updating. While somethings can get fixed, other issues like this can crop up unexpectedly. Because samsung has to publish special software for each separate tv model, it can take awhile and there is unfortunately nothing you can do to speed it up, it is simply a waiting game. Just keep checking back in the menu every few days for an update, though it can sometimes be months before one comes out.

You can certainly wait it out, but again problems like this are common, and as the tv ages you'll find samsung will drop support for different features. I actually recommend against using the built in smart functions, and instead connecting up an external streaming device such as a roku4k, or fire tv, both of these have far more apps/content available, but the are also faster and more responsive, and much better supported.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,