Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Trying to set up my LG surround sound to my Samsung TV so

Customer Question

Trying to set up my LG surround sound to my Samsung TV so that the audio plays from my cable tv box
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What kind of audio cable you have to connect the sound system to TV?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Red, yellow and white
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, please find Monitor Out jacks at rear of TV and connect the red and white pins of cable in red and white (audio out) jacks and hook them in audio input of sound system, select that input to get TV sound.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I connected them but I don't know how to get the tv sound through the speakers
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

TV always provide sound signals at those jacks and if your sound system is set on correct input then you should get sound of cable channel. If still no sound then I need bit more info.

What input of TV is connected to cable box and what type of wire is used?

Also what is the model number of sound system?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
LHT854
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No worries I'll figure it out. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Please press Input button on LG remote to select AUX input in sound system to get TV sound.

If it doesn't work then plug red-white pins of audio cable directly into Audio Out jacks of cable box to get sound of channel while watching it on TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.