Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Pioneer Elite 55" Pro-1140 tv and every time

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Pioneer Elite 55" Pro-1140 tv and every time there's a lightening storm in my neighborhood I lose the picture and the standby light on the set blinks blue. I tried unplugging it and waited a whole week before trying it again but had no success. Is there anything else I could try?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

No, sorry unplugging the power cord for a while is the only possible simple fix/reset. When that doesn't work and the LED blinks blue it means the tv needs parts and service. You can expect to pay around $350 total for this kind of repair and can find an authorized repair shop at www.tvrepairpros.com

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service.

An in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?