Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Pioneer Elite 55" Pro-1140 tv and every time

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Pioneer Elite 55" Pro-1140 tv and every time there's a lightening storm in my neighborhood I lose the picture and the standby light on the set blinks blue. I tried unplugging it and waited a whole week before trying it again but had no success. Is there anything else I could try?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

No, sorry unplugging the power cord for a while is the only possible simple fix/reset. When that doesn't work and the LED blinks blue it means the tv needs parts and service. You can expect to pay around $350 total for this kind of repair and can find an authorized repair shop at www.tvrepairpros.com

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service.

An in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?