Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

The color on the tv is only and. the other color are not

Customer Question

the color on the tv is only green and gray. the other color are not there. If its off for a period of time the color comes back
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

This is caused by a failing Color Wheel. The tv will have to be taken apart and the Color Wheel has to be replaced. It is a $175 part and unless you are planning to DIY (requires very detailed steps and small tools), the labor is another $150. I would highly recommend you go with a local trusted repair shop for this level of repair. I can help you either way, just reply back and tell me how I can help.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service.

An in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page to show your appreciation for saving you so much time and money.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?