Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My vizio tv has been having a problem having the picture

Customer Question

My vizio tv has been having a problem having the picture come up. I have tried the 30 sec. unplugged and then hold power button down. It worked at first but now it does not. Sometimes the sound will come on but no picture
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got it less than a year ago. About 6 monthes. It is a 50 Vizio with the internet, radio, and all that stuff D500-B1
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was told to unplug tv, hold power button in for 30 sec. plug back in
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. This issue can be related to the source (cable/SAT box, etc.) the HDMI cables or the TV itself. I need some more info to sort this:

1) What is connected to the TV (cable/SAT, DVD, home theater receiver, etc.)?

2) When you first power the set on does the Vizio welcome screen display as it should?

3) While the screen is black (but TV is on) if you use the original Vizio remote and pull up the TV's VIA apps- do those display as they should?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.