Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

What does 8888 mean?

Customer Question

what does 8888 mean?
Category: TV
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-g14jv6qv- replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The number you are referring to is probably Google Public DNS operates recursive name servers for public use at the following IP addresses: and for IPv4 service.

Can you explain exactly what the issue is on your Windows 7 & why you asked about that particular ip address?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we can't get a picture when we turn the t.v. on.

Are you using your tv as a monitor for your laptop?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
channel is at 0(small box says 480i)

480i is a resolution that you are seeing. It is the low and most people run on 1080i/1080p for resolution unless the tv is

0 for channel may be why you cannot 'see' a picture. Tvs have to be turned

to the channel to view the service. Such as using one channel and using different inputs to use and xBox, cable, dvd player etc.

You issue is with a television, as opposed to computer issue. I am letting another expert answer this question, due

to the category. I changed it for you so the right expert can assist with your issue.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I'm a tv expert - can you please tell me the make/model of the tv, and what content you're trying to get on the tv (cable/satellite, dvd, apps, etc)

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.