Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Panasonic Th-50px80u and it is not wanting to power

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Th-50px80u and it is not wanting to power on
JA: Television is better than ever... just as long as it works right. ;-) Do you know the make and model?
Customer: Panasonic Th-50px80u
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Testing the fuses on the power supply board and all three were good
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, what was/were the symptoms ? Is the TV completely/electrically dead?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there was a power surge and the tv will not show a light in front it is complete dead won't turn on
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Great on the DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach!

Please post back with clear pictures of the back of the TV showing the different boards. Of particular interest would be the power supply board.

This would serve as common reference.

Click HERE.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There are 4 picture of the 4 boards and the brown is the power supply board
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Appreciate the pictures.

With the TV plugged in, is there 120 Volts AC on the black and blue(?) wires to the power supply board bottom right corner?

A friendly reminder: voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the unit be plugged in and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

With the TV unplugged, can you please check the resistances of PR501, R411, D401 preferably out-of-circuit ?