Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My t/v is kdl60w8505 after a lightning flash nearby the t/v

Customer Question

my t/v is kdl60w8505 after a lightning flash nearby the t/v is off and flashes red three times every three seconds. what to do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

Your tv needs parts and service. There is no easy reset or fix. The back panel has to come off and parts replaced. If you have previous experience with small tools and electronics then reply back here for more help. Otherwise a repair shop should be consulted. I can tell you that diagnosis, parts, and labor will end up costing just about $300 and could take a few days to weeks to get all sorted.

I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but please keep in mind why you came here to use this service.

An in home diagnosis by a local repair shop costs $100-$135 up front. Finding out whether your tv can be repaired and how much it may cost from this online chat costs a fraction of that. At least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page so that I get credit for my work.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?