Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have a LC52SB55U TV and the remote control no longer

Customer Question

I have a LC52SB55U TV and the remote control no longer controls tv operations. I have replaced the remote, since the original was in pretty sad shape and ensured new batteries are installed. Still no operation.
All buttons on tv are operational
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

You can try unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 minutes. If this is just a "glitch", the tv may reset. Worth a shot because if that doesn't help, then the whole back of the tv has to come off and the IR receiver board inside the tv will have to be replaced. I can help you with that if you are really handy with small tools. Otherwise I can help you find a trusted local repair shop.

Let me know how I can help and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?