Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a JVC LT-46AM73 Tv set. Whenever a thunder storm

Customer Question

i have a JVC LT-46AM73 Tv set. Whenever a thunder storm happens, the set will go off whenever there is power fluctuation. I know this set has a protective device built in, and the owner's manual says to unplug it for an hour, it is getting quite annoying since this happens often. Now it is taking more than an hour for it to reset. Any way to bypass this or set the time for less than an hour?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your JVC is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2013
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only unplugging it for an hour to an hour and a half
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: other than that it is a good tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Is the tv currently showing picture/sound?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?