Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just changed the DLP chip in my Misubishi tv. Had no

Customer Question

Hey Pearl, I just changed the DLP chip in my Misubishi tv. Had no problems except that now I get sound but a flashing red light (slow) and I noticed the bulb is not turning on. Do you think I damaged the bulb in some way. I even took everything apart again and double checked all the connections. I have unplugged the tv but still the bulb is not coming in. I replaced the bulb about a month ago with a new one so I'm know it was good.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It's a Mitsubishi wd73737
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Have had no problems except for the DLP chip needing to be replaced
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No I'm good thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The red light does indeed indicate that the Lamp has failed and this is very common if you replaced the lamp using a $30 Amazon or Pureglare lamp. Did you use one of those or the $110 OEM Osram (recommended by Mitsubishi) replacement?

Also, if you're unsure if something done inside of the set may have caused this (it's impossible for me to know if the lamp was bumped, a connector was pushed out of place, is loose, or if simply the vibration of removing the back of the set was enough to cause the lamp to leak it's internal gas), then I would first remove the back of the set and double check all of the work- including removing and re-seating all connections touched during the process. If the red light still comes on after checking your connections, then your lamp indeed needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The correct OEM lamp is available at the link below. We very commonly see the lesser priced lamps sometimes only last a year, a month or even a couple of days:

http://www.purelandsupply.com/wd73737-mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwtqe8BRCs-9DdpMOilBoSJAAyqWz_-oYgEIJOWh6Aky7wN_J9aAzYKa4HUFRDtYgMrOmN-RoCBWzw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Please review the response above for the answer.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?