Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I turn my TV on and I do not get a picture, only a black

Customer Question

I turn my TV on and I do not get a picture, only a black screen. Powder is on and the logo comes up then the screen goes black.
Category: TV
Expert:  Sam Dennis Bradley replied 4 months ago.

If you can please take a flashlight and shine on the screen to see if there are any picture at all when the set is on and has sound.

If you can this means the main board is good as well as the power supply...This model is famous for the LED strips inside the panel to go bad.

The LED strips light up the screen

Requires complete disassemble of the panel to get to the strips. You can find tutorials on YouTube...search how to change led strips

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have no sound also. Black screen and no sound.

If you are sure your signal connection is correct and have tried to see if there is any action with the flashlight method..you must be sure of this first

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am sure I had used it Thursday night with no problem. When I went it turn it on yesterday it did not work too frustrated that to do contact you and have to input credit card info when I did it know if it could be fixed.

Does the screen flash on for an instant when turned on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not want to spend additional money unless you can quanantee that it can be fixed easily. I am not technical.

It will require taking the back off the set to change the MAIN BOARD CLICK HERE FOR PICTURE REFERENCE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is beyond my abilities. I do it feel comfortable doing that. As far as I can see you can't help someone like me.

If you have a son or know someone with simple practical skills they could do it for you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't.

Sorry to hear that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you but obviously this was not helpful for me. You tried..

If you are done Please rate positive