Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

We purchased a Sony TV several months ago. The TV is

Customer Question

We purchased a Sony TV several months ago. The TV is connected to cable. It worked fine until a few days ago. But for the last several days, even though we can control the TV with the control device the cable company gives us (Bright House), we cannot get any control out of the Sony control device. The Sony device shows no sign of life. It cannot turn on the internet stations it could several days ago, cannot show a switch from TV to MDI 1 or MDI 2, and cannot increase or decrease volume. We substituted batteries and that is not the problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 3 months ago.

Hi good morning, Are you saying the box from the cable company is the problem?

Or your new TV?

I just need to be sure so I can advise you properly;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Two things here you either have a defective remote control for the TV or the IR receiver within the set itself is bad you can check the remote by doing this <?<if it does we will be looking at other things like the IR sensor let me know please