Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

I have model # 42LK450 UH TV that was manufactured in Dec.

Customer Question

I have model # ***** UH TV that was manufactured in Dec. 2011. For the past month to 6 weeks it has turned itself back on in a matter of seconds after I turn it off. The only way I can turn it off is to remove the power source. What can be done about it and is cost effective to repair it. I have not been successful in finding anyone who will come to my home to check it.
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

The tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I could help you locate a local repair shop but it would end up costing more than a new 42" tv and could take several days to a few weeks to get all sorted. I would strongly suggest you use the money you saved by coming here first, toward a new tv. Don't worry so much about the brand, just try to get at a big store like Costco or Best Buy and get the extended warranty.

Let me know how else I can help and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.