Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

Can i connect a sub woofer only to my oled tv E6? The E6 TV

Customer Question

Can i connect a sub woofer only to my oled tv E6? The E6 TV already has speakers so no need for an external sound bar just extra bass...
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. It is going to depend on the TV. You can try connecting it to the component (RCA) audio out, but that may disable the internal speakers. If that doesn't disable the internal speakers it will work with one exception. That is a line level signal so your volume control will have no effect on the sub. You would need to manually turn it up or down to match the volume of the TV.