Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I am trying to connect to Netflix and have not had any

Customer Question

I am trying to connect to Netflix and have not had any success. I ordered a free month of Netflix, on line, and can not get my TV to pull it up. I press the blue button on the remote and the Netflix icon comes up on the bottom of the TV and it says, "Watch Instantly", but when I hit the okay button, it goes right back to regular TV. What am I doing wrong?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there someone there that is reviewing my question?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you trying to use a netflix app built into the tv itself? Or through the dish box, or through some other device?
Are you getting any specific error messages?
Is the tv configured to your home network?
Are any other apps on the tv working (youtube, hulu, etc)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't use youtube or hulu. I am not getting any error messages, I am trying to use the netflix app built into the tv, (what else is it for?), I don't know if the tv is configured to my home network, because I don't know what that means. I am a senior citizen and the lingo is like Greek to me.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello-anyone there? I paid for this and would like a response.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Yes, I'm here, but messages can take awhile to go back and forth. Your patience is appreciated.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

What I mean by the network is that netflix is an internet based function, if you don't have the tv configured to access your home wifi/internet connection, then it is not possible for the app to work.
Go into the vizio settings menu, under network/wireless, and either check the status of the current connection (if connected) or follow through the on screen prompts to select your home network and put in your wifi password.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am going to try your suggestion, but I need to make dinner first, as it is after 6 pm here. I didn't think this would take so long. th a nks you for your help I will reconnect later with a phone call.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

You're very welcome, you can follow up with me anytime.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Joette?