Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv keeps cutting out the sound and the picture

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. What is the model number off of the back of the TV please?

Also, roughly how old is the set and when did the issue occur?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model # UN60F6350 we boughtt it at Cosco 2 years ago It just started yesterday
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. This issue can be due to several things- either the "Source" (meaning the cable/SAT box, etc.), the cabling (HDMI cables can become intermittent like this) or the TV itself has a premature hardware issue occurring.

Can you please tell me what is connected to the set (cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

Also when the picture and sound cut out- if you grab the original Samsung remote and press MENU, will the set's own MENU display?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

I can't take a phone call- sorry. The site sends that offer to you automatically- it's not anything I have any control over. Please simply reply back to the info requested here to proceed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sat box from our cable company which is Dand p cable yes the menu does show up It cuts out every 2-5 minutes
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. If the TV's own MENU will display when the set cuts out then the issue is either the SAT box or the HDMI cable (even a brand new cable can be faulty right out of the box). I install professionally, and can have 5 brand new cables, and one or two of them will be intermittent right out of the box. That appears to be the most likely culprit here.

However, have you tried a reboot of the box yet?

If not, please do these steps:

1) Shut the TV off.

2) Unplug the SAT box from power.

3) Disconnect and reconnect that HDMI cable on both ends- making sure it's secure.

4) Plug the SAT box back in and once it reboots turn the TV on.

Check and see if you still have the same problem and let me know please.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If the issue is still there, then the next step would be to purchase another HDMI cable as these cables can fail without notice. In the unlikely even that a new cable does not solve the issue, then I could suggest having the SAT provider replace their box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.