Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have the toshiba satellite L55 B5276 with a black screen

Customer Question

I have the toshiba satellite L55 B5276 with a black screen and when you press the power button it blinks 5 times....please help
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The symptoms you describe are often resultant from

A. a defective AC Adapter - even when plugged in, it will not charge the battery in the laptop, nor allow it to power On, even when it appears to be working, whether owing to a loose connection internally, or a broken wire internally, or some other internal problem.

and

B. a battery in the laptop that is either completely discharged (partly as a result of (A)) or is 'dead' and cannot deliver power to start up the laptop.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need a new power cord or a new battery?

I suspect you need a new AC Adapter.

Unless you yanked hard on the cord that goes into the computer - in which case, the AC adapter would be OK, but the power jack in the computer would need soldering back on. If, when you wiggle the plug in the jack, there is a lot of 'play', that is most likely the case. But I'm just trying to cover all possibilities here.

The way to be certain is, to measure the output from the AC Adapter, that goes into your computer, with a voltmeter, and see if it is still providing the right voltage. If it isn't, it needs replacing.

Do you need a source for such an AC Adapter for your model of Toshiba laptop?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131703930539?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

is one source for a replacement AC Adapter that ought to fit your Toshiba.

https://www.nextdaypower.com/Toshiba-Satellite-L55-B5276-Replacement-AC-Adapter-Charger-Power-Supply-Cord.htm?gclid=CJCXt8_a8c0CFQcfhgodEt0Mrg

is another source, non-eBay if you don't want to get into eBay payment etc.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.