Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Have a 52" flat screen, the picture goes on and off and the

Customer Question

have a 52 " flat screen, the picture goes on and off and the sound goes on and off, sometimes for more than 5 minutes
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 4 to 5 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

Can you please get the Brand and Model Number off of the back of the TV in question?

Also, roughly how long have you owned the set for please?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Please reply back once you're able to see my reply and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
model LC-C52 77UN
LIQUID CRYSTAL
SERIAL # ###-##-####
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

What is connected to the set for sources (for example: cable/SAT box, DVD player, home theater etc), and does the sound and picture cut out on ALL sources?

Additionally, are ou simply losing picture and sound or is the TV actually cycling (clicking) itself OFF?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

No I can't take a phone call- sorry. The site sends that offer to you automatically- it's not anything I have any control over. Please simply reply back to the info requested here to proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
JUST THE CABLE BOX FOR COMCAST. YES IT DOES CLICK OFF AND CLICK ON BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.
IT WILL CLICK ON BUT WITH NO SOUND. I'M GOING TO GET OFF DUE TO HEAVY STORMS IN THE CHICAGO LAND AREA, WILL CHECK TOMORROW.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 months ago.

Hello

OK please check back here when ready

Anthony

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I received a call but when I returned the call, it said application was in correct. ??

I have nothing to do with that all as I know is what is in this thread........