Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I just have a TV brand name is tachi model 42PMA400A, i DONT

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I just have a TV brand name is ***** ***** 42PMA400A
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i DONT KNOW How old it is
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I dont have any accessories for it
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Can you please elaborate?I dont understand the question do you have a problem with the TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not have the problem with my TV set. I just want to know how I set up my TV set
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I picked up my TV from the street. It was said still working by the owner. I took it home without any accessory. I bought a universal remote control and tried to buy the antenna for it. The remote control was successfully programmed as I could aim it to the tv and turned it off and on. That is the way it is considered by the remote control instructions on how to set up 'successful'.
Then I could not find the antenna socket on the TV set because it does not have the same as on the analogue one I used to have. I would like to say that the TV model is Hitachi 42PMA400A. It has a lot of sockets on its back. But I don't know how what the cables or leads are to make the TV work. I understand that it has other functions such as interfaces with DVD player, so on. I may acknowledge the sockets for DVD player as may show on the device configuration of many manuals. All I need now is how to make its TV function operate.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Please reply back if you still need assistance with this question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know what time should be best for you and me to have a conference. As I highlighted my problem to you above, I need your help in telling me what to do with my TV given it was given to me without any accessories. I need to find out how I go about procuring accessories to make it work. I have already bought an universal remote control which I appeared to succeed in setting up for the TV when I could turn the latter off or on and opened its menu and so forth. But I don't know how to connect the TV with the antenna cable. I don't know what sort of cable I must buy and what socket from the TV and the wall I should plug in, etc. Thus I would like you to show me what cable for its antenna and how it is plugged in. And I wonder if I can get a manual for this model as 42PMA400A Plasma Hitachi. I don't know when you should call me or not because I am not sure what time should be best for both of us. I actually don't have unlimited access to internet, so I can't keep waiting for you without knowing when and how we can work together. My questions are clear, aren't they?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, this is a Monitor only and not complete TV that has builtin tuner to get cable/ antenna for local channel reception, however, you can connect an external tuner box known as set top box to this monitor and plug the cable/ antenna in set top box to scan channels.

This TV has one composite video input (use three color coded AV cable) and one component video input (that use 5 color coded wires) and one VGA input to connect a computer. This is TV has external/ detachable speakers and has speaker terminals to connect the speaker wires for sound output.

Please click following link to download TV user manual copy that will help you for connection setup and has detailed operating instructions..

You can connect set top box and a DVD player to this monitor. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your answer.
Actually I have already installed the top box as some of my friends advised and fixed the issue before reading your message. How I have the problem I have is not that type which I need your help for. After using the remote control to change the display feature of the TV from NTSE to something else, I only see the message pop up on the screen saying: "out of frequency". From then on I can't go back to the screen, that is all dark, except for the sound. I could not go back to adjust TV to normal. I unplug the wiring and plug it back, still not working. Can you help? Kind regards
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any video source having NTSC system to connect to this TV as a test?