Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have been able to reset the lamp by pressing the vol

Customer Question

I have been able to reset the lamp by pressing the vol button and the pip button, but I'm needing to reset the air filter and I have tried the vol button with the swap button to no avail. Help, please.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does TV show air-filter warning/ message on screen?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that was in my original question.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Steve, air filter cleaning is needed to clear that message as there is no push button way to reset the message, you would need to take out light engine/ optical block of TV then remove air filters and blow the air to dust them off and reinstall them to resolve the issue. This would not be an easy work because lots of things will take apart, click on following link to watch video of air filter cleaning procedure that will help you if you have plan to do-it-yourself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnHDByCbc1M

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.