Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

I have been on vacation week came home today turned on my tv

Customer Question

I have been on vacation for a week came home today turned on my tv which is 2 1/2 years old it came on then turned off and will not turn back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I unplugged everything and also plug the tv in another outlet didn't come on
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, does power indicator light on TV front show any response when press power button to turn On the TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Does the power light lit or blink?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No light at all no blinking just dead
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, it seems power supply board failure, this board provides different voltage supplies to main board, replacement of power supply board in TV will help to resolve the problem. I would check standby volt (5V) output with multimeter on power supply board to confirm it, if no volts reading available then will swap the pwoer supply board and if standby 5V supply is available then it would be main board internal failure, main board board replacement is needed at this point.

Typing more info, give me 5 minutes please..

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

If you have plan to do-it-yourself then check following board supplier to get required identical board (power or main board) as there are different type/ version of board utilized in this model..

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote approx $200 plus...
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why would that go out in 2 1/2 years my daughter has had her Vizio for 6 years and no problems I can't work on it myself and am on a fixed income doesn't seem far that it is not working this soon
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Electronics part can fail any time and most common reason is thunderstorm static charge or voltage fluctuation that sends caused surge volts and can damage the power regulator chips mounted on power supply board.

Circuit board replacement in this TV wouldn't be difficult for an average handy person, you can get help of any friend who knows/ have experience of electronics stuff repair to replace the bad board in TV which will save you tech labor to repair the TV is less amount. Board supplier link that I gave you in previous reply has boards on reasonable cost.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

PS: phone call assistance would cost you more money and may not help more than what I have already wrote down here in text chat format.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was plugged into a surge protector
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, thunderstorm/ lightning strike is another possible reason of early failure of power or main board failure. I'm providing you possible cause of failure info/

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

You can make complain about early failure of TV to Vizio by going to following Vizio link, click on Contact Us to file a complain to see if Customer Supprt offer any remedy..