Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

How do you hard reset a toshiba tv model # 50H81. The power

Customer Question

How do you hard reset a toshiba tv model # ***** The power indicator light blinks repeatedly. TV will not turn on. When power button is pressed, indicator light will stay on for a couple of seconds then return to blinking.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Flashing power indicator light is indicating hardware failure in TV.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes is only reset for this TV, replug back in, turn it On and check.

Please reply back withe the result.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It didn't work. Plugged tv back in after about 11 min, heard a single click and checked indicator light. Indicator light was not on at all, pressed the power button, indicator light came on, remained on for about 15 sec, then returned to blinking.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, builtin protection circuit in TV detects the hardware related failure and doesn't allow TV to boot up to avoid any further damage.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

This TV is rear projection that utilizes three picture tubes to make a colorful picture and this kind of TV has lots of heat related issues build up after long run especially in convergence output section, horizontal deflection section and power supply section where high current drains. Please reply back if this is some thing you are looking to repair it by yourself to assist you wish more info.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote around $250 to $350...
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is the deposit going to be refunded?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

I answered your TV question as what is bad and how can you fix it. I'm not sure if you're expecting me to repair the TV from here through internet.

You can contact customer service for any billing issue as I have no control over such matters.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.