Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a Toshiba 62HM15 (Costco) that just quit processing

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba 62HM15 (Costco) that just quit processing inputs on all three HD connections (one HDMI and two component video). All the SD inputs seem to work fine. When switching back to the HD input, I sometimes get a 1 or 2 second flash of a perfect HD picture, then it goes blank. HDMI audio still works.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is Anthony

Hdmi loss is a very common issue with modern TVs, there is however a procedure to follow and that procedure is this

1) Un-plug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again re-check if HDMI has returned

2)Reset the TV to factory default in the settings menu (if there is a facility in the settings some sets have this some do not)

3)If those bases covered above that will mean a main-board replacement containing those inputs

Let me know if you get to Number 3

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

I am just following up on this ,do you need any more help please?

I would be interested to know if everything is Ok ?

If it is I would be grateful for you to rate the answer with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page please 3 to 5 stars thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was expecting something more than the obvious "unplug and reset." I had already done that and had already concluded that I probably had a bad PC board. So I just blew $31.