Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an RCA television model number L32WD22. When I try to

Customer Question

I have an RCA television model number L32WD22. When I try to turn the tv on it turns off. There is a message that comes up that says " Time stored in the TV may be incorrect after power loss. Please check the time in the options menu." I have reset the time but when I turn the TV off it loses time again and I have to push the power button at lease 10 times before the TV will stay on.
What is the fix for this problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

These sets suffer from bad capacitors on the power-board and that is the first place we would look before doing anything as its likely at least one of those is bad and this is causing your issues so in a nutshell the back of the TV will need to come off and as a first check the capacitors checked visually for leaking \ballooning\raised domed tops then a decision as to the next move is taken from that standpoint it may lead to a replacement of bad capacitors or a board ,do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for this

Anthony