Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Hdmi channels on my tv went black when I switched tv/input

Customer Question

hdmi channels on my tv went black when I switched tv/input to switch back from Chromecast to Xfinitu
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?
Customer: just tonight. Philips old flat screen
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged tv, unplugged cable box, unplugged chromecast
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: tried switching hdmi ports
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Has the TV only gone black for Xfinity or nothing is playing on the TV at all now?