Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Vizio e701i-a3, there is no picture, but there is sound when

Customer Question

vizio e701i-a3, there is no picture, but there is sound when you turn on the tv.
replaced the t-con board, no luck. anyone know the solution. apparently the other boards test well
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does screen glow/ show backlight when turn On the TV?

- Does TV own menu screen show up when press menu button on TV or its remote?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is a backlight glow yes, when you hit the menu, you see nothing.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, if you wiggle the LVDS cable runs between t-con and main board, does any noise appear on TV screen?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, did you get any change in TV symptoms after new t-con board installation?
Did you get identical replacement t-con board?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no change, yes identical replacement board, to a t.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

OK, please remove one flexible cable from t-con board which comes from inside display panel, no matter if it is left or right cable, turn On the TV. Does any change visible on screen?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nothing at all
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately it seems display panel internal failure (internal circuitry of screen isn't working any more) that is why no response at all. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then screen replacement would cost approx new TV price of same size if replacement screen is available with Vizio Parts. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry for that.