Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The image on our Toshiba 32L 1400U is too large screen.

Customer Question

The image on our Toshiba 32L 1400U is too large for the screen.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Toshiba is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2014. 32L 1400U
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Used remote but to adjust but nothing changed. Also, the TV is capable of 720 but is set at 480.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cable box only. No other video sources.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, please grab cable remote and find a button that would be labeled as Zoom or HDzoom or Wide or Size or Format or * under 9 key etc, press it a few times to get different picture size option and choose to get correct size picture on TV screen.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Followed directions. No change. Tried all options.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, can you get me the model number off of cable remote?

What button did you find on cable remote to press?

Also, have you tried to reboot cable box by unplug its power cord from wall outlet for 3 minutes, replug back in to reboot that might help to resolve the problem?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have Toshiba remote. And Generic remote I used to follow your directions. Does not have button for cable.Have not tried rebooting.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Please grab the remote that came with cable box that you use to change channels and find the button mentioned in previous reply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do not have a single remote for cable box. The remote on hand handles everything except turning off cable box.
Rebooting.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No change. Image still cut off. Still to large for screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, can you get me the model number off of remote used with cable box OR a good picture of that remote will also help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Images attached.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK< working on it and get back to you in 5 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Who is your cable service provider?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know. This is my father's TV. I do not think this conversation is productive. I cannot answer your questions. No remedy suggested so far has worked. Unless you have a workable remedy, I want to end this exchange.
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

OK, let me repost the question to see if another expert can help you out.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 months ago.

Last try is to press Picture Size button below the power button on TV remote and/or press # ***** under 9 button on cable remote to see if any of them work to reduce the picture size?