Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have dish and a hdmi, The remote won't access the signal,

Customer Question

I have dish and a hdmi
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: The remote for fish won't access the signal
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No source button on they've
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Westinghouse sl/mdesign
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you give me the complete model number of the tv, please?
Is the dish box not getting a signal, or you see no signal messages on the tv itself?
Can you get any other input to work with the tv, such as a game system, dvd player, etc?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no reset button on the tv, don't have the tv remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I am asking you to please provide me with the model number of the tv, and a detailed description of the problem.

None of what you sent in your initial response is very clear about the actual problem, if you could please explain, I can help advise you on what to do.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It will it Noallow me to access any thing on the tv the tv has no area to set up the tv
The only button is a power button at the center bottom of the front
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The dish rm gets to input but the options will not go down to the hdm
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
37" ledtv sl design uw37sc1w
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Okay, there isn't much you can do here without the tv remote.

It was not designed to be operated by other remotes, and these westinghouse tvs are very basic and don't have on board controls.

You can TRY pressing the input button on the dish remote, repeatedly, or you can try pressing input once, then using the volume or channel buttons to try to navigate through the menu.

If that still won't work, the only option is to buy a replacement remote for the tv to properly access the input functions. You can get one very inexpensively here: http://amzn.to/29BRbcc

Best regards,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I push the tv and the input button the side of the D remote it hours to sir and the local tv Chanels but the to no signal
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

What you really need is the proper tv remote (not dish remote) for this purpose, then you'll press the INPUT button on it repeatedly to get to the HDMI1 (or hdmi2) input mode.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It wants $26.00
This should be very simple to get the answer
When I hit the site I thought you were Westinghouse I paid the $5.00 and not any more charges to my card
If you don't have the answer refund my $5.00 now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

You may be seeing a call offer, which is optional.

The answer is very simple, which I've provided to you.

Westinghouse provides virtually no support for their tvs. This is a paid support service, because they don't offer any of their own.

I provided you the answer above: you need the proper remote for the tv, that is the only option, because westingouse did not include the proper buttons on the tv itself to change inputs.

I sent you a link, where you can order a new remote for less than $8: http://amzn.to/29BRbcc

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Were you able to view that link?

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?