Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

How do I change the input on my tv without a remote, I 't

Customer Question

How do I change the input on my tv without a remote
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: I don't have the remote, my son lost itIt's a Sony KDL-32S5100
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried hitting the Input button on the side of the tv, then tried to toggle up or down with the Channel +/- buttons, but it doesn't move the input from the tv position. It doesn't toggle at all.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all. Thanks!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

Input button on side panel of TV is only button to change the input source, you would press same Input button on TV remote as well to do so.

It is quite possible the input button on side of TV is defective so I would suggest to press it a few time bit harder and hopefully it will work. There is no other button will work to change input of TV other than Input button. Remote control for this model is available at following supplier for $10

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I get the Input button to pull up that little screen, it's the Channel +/- button that does not scroll/toggle through my input choices.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

ah OK, press Input button repeatedly to toggle the different inputs and stop pressing it when get desired input on TV.