Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony Bravia that is 7 years old. There's a dark

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia that is 7 years old. There's a dark streak that is running from top to bottom of the screen and making the picture very dark in that streak.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What is the model number of the tv? see sticker on back. If you absolutely cannot get the model number, at least describe the screen size and type.

-If you bring up the tv menu with the Sony remote, is that menu clear or is it also affected by this issue?

-Is this a Vertical streak or Horizontal streak?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **