Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

Panasonic TC-P54V10 plasma TV screen flickering 15 minutes

Customer Question

Panasonic TC-P54V10 plasma TV screen flickering for about 15 minutes upon morning startup. Does it for all inputs (satellite, Blu-ray). After that time it operates normally. Which board could be the source? Is it replaceable?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Panasonic is? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: Was purchased in November 2009, but not installed until June 2010. (Active duty military)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Updated software. Tried different inputs to verify if it was TV or other source.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Can't think of anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

This kind of problem mostly occurs due to failing capacitors on power supply board of TV and replacement of power supply board will help to resolve the problem. If you have plan to do-it-yourself then get the part number off of power supply board inside TV to search/ google it to get price info to order it, replacement of board would be easy, no soldering work is needed.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?