Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Lg 55" 7600 series. Stop powering on. Only power led

Customer Question

Lg 55" 7600 series. Stop powering on. Only power led flashes.
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No, and yes i have.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugging all componets and power.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Can you get me the full model found on the back of the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
55LM7600-UA

Have you had any storms or outages?

Is the light blinking continuously?

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
to storms but, spike protected and has worked for hours after storms.
Led power light flashes 3 x and nothing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just removed rear panel to inspect boards. Nothing out of order. No bulges on any capacitors.

Regrettably you do have a problem here very likely to be the main-board this board is a data board and can't be checked , the fact that you are getting a power-light but its not booting in most cases indicates main-board failure do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will provide all the support and on-going support you need for this, let me know ,just to emphasize its a plug in board

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It look like only 6 screws on ctr board. I think so. What kind of cost for board?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also, how would I know if the other board isn't gone or the screen for that matter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Anthony, are you there?

In most cases its the main-board there is no blink code procedure to help with diagnosis the set is not booting we would replace the main-board for this issue (out of experience)

Just give me a mo

You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they don't have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info\help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician) if you need more help let me know , note the question is open for 30 days should you need more help now or later thank you.

Many Thanks

Anthony

Cost of board around $100 or less

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, Fyi your when I was fwrd to your payment site it initially stated $5 deposit and $23. It changed while entering info to $28. ?

I do not know anything about billing I use the site like you do it just connects us together, you need to contact support

1-***-***-**** or email***@******.***

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your assistance. Have a nice day!

I only receive credit myself when you rate the answer positively thank you note question remains open for 30 days after rating

Anthony

Your Welcome

Anthony

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One last question. Do you also assist on older tube sets? Toshiba 35"

Yes but you would need to submit another question thanks

You can ask for me <<click

Anthony

Please remember to rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you