Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Having problem with vizio staying on, E320vl, Approx 4 yrs

Customer Question

Having problem with vizio staying on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: E320vl
JA: Huh?
Customer: Approx 4 yrs old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes.....did not have vizio remote....was using phone remote app....and obviously hit something that activated a parental lock that keeps the tv from staying on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

A Parental Lock would pop up a screen with 4 boxes asking you for a code- is that what you're seeing?

Also how long is the TV staying on before shutting off?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I saw the 4 boxes right before it stop playing......it only stay on for 3 sec before cutting back off
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have you taken my money and now can't help me