Viet - TV Tech
Viet - TV Tech, Technician
Experience:  Skills with TV Configurations
30037186

I hooked up my laptop to my TV via HDMI and the tv image is

Customer Question

I hooked up my laptop to my TV via HDMI and the tv image is too big
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: APEX, I dont know the model, yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The mute and menu together to bring up a menu
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Viet - TV Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10 laptop, or mac laptop? And/or what's the model of your laptop?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Toshiba windows 10

Thank you. Please try the following:

- Make sure the laptop showing on the TV screen

, then right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then click on Display settings

, then click on Advanced display settings at bottom right

, then increase the option Resolution numbers there

, then OK / Apply and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've tried that

Sorry, are you able to change the Resolution option there? Does it do anything?

How many options / numbers are there for the Resolution option?

You can also right-click on the Start button, which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen, then click on Control Panel, then open Appearance and Personalization - > Display. Then click on Adjust resolution on the left. Then increase the Resolution there and apply / confirm.

; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type desk.cpl then click OK, then Then increase the Resolution there and apply / confirm.)

- If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and troubleshoot this issue directly for you.

Please reply at the box below to continue; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Does it do anything when you change the resolution number?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A little but not enough to actually fit the screen

Right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo / icon located at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Device Manager

; (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc then click OK, then the Device Manager window should open.)

, then double-click on the option Display adapters in order to open / expand it

, then right-click on each of the item(s) under Display adapters, then click on Uninstall, and confirm OK / Yes

, then restart the computer, and it will automatically be reinstalled, and check. If needed, try changing with each different resolution number again and check each time.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Also, if you have a computer monitor, does it work fine when you connect the laptop to the computer monitor?

If it still does not work, please check at the back of both the TV and the laptop and let me know the models.