Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I would like to enhance my TV sound to hear it late at night

Customer Question

I would like to enhance my TV sound to hear it late at night without disturbing others. Most ear phone systems don't work for me because if I'm watching a DVD, the TV station sound is broadcasted, rather than the movie sound track. Is there such a thing as a box set near the TV, which transmits wirelessly to a sound box placed near me. It would pick up only what is coming directly out of the TV, which it wouldn't be wired to the TV itself.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What headphones you have and tried on this TV?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I no longer have that headset, but they are all the same, I believe. All the headsets require you to connect to the sound system on your TV, so the sound from the TV is the sound from the particular channel you are watching - HOWEVER - when you watch a DVD, you have to set your TV to the mode that plays and shows DVD's. When watching normally, the sound is from the DVD, but when using the earphones that enhance sound the sound comes from the channel on the TV, and not from the DVD. You will have to try it to understand, I suppose. I want to know if there is a box that just sits next to the TV and you hear the sound wirelessly, just like you sould with a hearing aid. John Beebout
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Thanks John for the info.

I need to know your TV model number that would be written on label pasted on back cover of TV, this will help me to troubleshoot the issue and to suggest some thing helpful.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately,, I can't get to the back of the TV (which is a Sansome, by the way) because it's attached to the wall and is locked there. I don't believe that the type of TV matters, however, since all TV's react the same. It's the earphone which are the culprit. They request that you hook up to the TV sound system, and then transmit sound via a wireless system to the earphones. The earphone are advertised in many magazines, and can be seen by Googling "TV earphones" Lots of people complain about being unable to hear sound from a DVD disk through the earphones, which is a problem they discover once they've purchased them. The manufacturer will simply say that they work only through the TV alone, and not DVD disks. What I want, is to find a way of hearing TV sound, when the TV sound is turned down low at night, whether the sound is coming from a DVD disk or the TV alone. You likely don't know what I mean unless you're familiar with the earphones. What I want to find is a method of picking up sound from a TV when the sound is turned down very low. It would work like a hearing aid. I want to mention that my hearing is just fine, but I can't hear the TV when it's turned down so low it's almost off so it won't disturb people sleeping in the room, or people in neighboring apartments.. Do you understand? Thanks. John Beebout
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.

Thanks John for reply. Without knowing your TV model number I'm unable to check its specs and our options to hook a suitable device to achieve desired result. I'm opting out to open the question for other experts to assist you further.

Thanks.

Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.

Hi John and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box or even a satellite receiver?

Still, on the "... Is there such a thing as a box set near the TV, which transmits wirelessly to a sound box placed near me..."; yes there are. These are called audio monitor. These audio monitors would satisfy the:

• box set near the TV...transmits wirelessly to a sound box placed near me;
  • would pick up only what is coming directly out of the TV;
  • wouldn't be wired to the TV itself.

Most of these audio monitors are intentended for care givers but there is no reason why it wqould not work for your intended purpose.

Please click HERE to evaluate and consider.