Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a pioneer receiver that isn't working properly

Customer Question

hi, i have a pioneer receiver that isn't working properly anymore- I have directv too. Trying to just get the sound to come out of my tv speakers instead of surround sound. There is a pic on my tv, but I just can't get any volume to come out
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its prob 3 years old? its a VSX-70
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: well its been doing error code UE22... googled it and it seems like its doomed. we have unhooked receiver TONS of times, and sometimes the sound will come back on and work, but now its been out over a week and we are tired of watching tv in the game room ha
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats great- thanks so much for your help!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Yes the UE22 error on the Pioneer receiver is a failure of it's DSP chip which requires the chip to be re-waved onto the board. As far as the sound not coming from the DTV box through your TV speakers- are the TV speakers turned on in the MENU? Also how is the DTV box connected to the TV- simply using an HDMI cable?

If the TV speakers are turned on (postback with the model number off the back of the TV if you need instructions for that), and the audio of the DTV box runs directly to the TV- using either a sngle HDMI cbale or 5 component cables, then try rebooting the box.

Pull it's power cord for 10 seconds then plug it back in. Once it reboots check and see if there is sound from the TV speakers at this point.

Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?