Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

While unboxing my flat screen tv (samsung 4k HD tv) the left

Customer Question

While unboxing my flat screen tv (samsung 4k HD tv) the left side of my tv was dropped and the left side of the screen is way too dark, also a tiny crack on the lower left side of the tv. How Caan I fix this
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. No, unfortunately you cannot fix this, as the dark spot on the screen and the tiny crack indicates a pressure crack in that portion of the LCD/LED panel. In order to fix the issue, the entire scree of the TV would need to be replaced, as the dark spot indicates the LCD (liquid crystal) in that part of the display has pushed through in many cases, or that the LED lighting in that portion of the screen has died. The LED's are built INTO the screen and are not something that can be replaced separately. The cost of the screen is 80% of what the TV cost when new and requires rebuilding the entire set to replace it. These are not sold separately anywhere either, so the only hopes in repairing it would be to purchase the exact same model number Samsung with another failure (power board, mainboard, etc.) and then cannibalize it for it's screen and install it into the set you have. It's generally not cost effective to pursue this however.

I'm very sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. When we see this issue come into the shops, the set is considered "not repairable" I'm afraid.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Please view my reply to see the answer.