Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV model E320i-B2 will not turn on. Power indicator light

Customer Question

TV model E320i-B2 will not turn on. Power indicator light comes on but fades
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Vizio model E320i-B2. never been a problem b4
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: disconnect power source and reconnect. unable to check anything else
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't have any info.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

How old is the set (roughly) please?

Also, were there any storms or power outages just prior to this issue occurring?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Please post a reply so that I know you are there.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.