Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My TV gives me an HDMI error -- H1001-HDC_ no supported on

Customer Question

My TV gives me an HDMI error -- H1001-HDC_ no supported on this display.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: I am with Uverse - we have switched the Wireless Box and the HDMI cable.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: TY is Insignia
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Looking for model number - is it on the back?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. The model number of the TV is indeed on a sticker on the back of the set.

Now the "HDC error" (high definition copyright) is typically caused be a communication error between the Uverse box and the TV. Ways to try to fix the error are to:

1)Reboot the Uverse box bby pulling it's power cord for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in (this refreshes it's software).

2) Replacing the HDMI cable with a new one. HDMI is digital and not all cables are equal. Even a brand new cable can cause this issue.

If those steps do NOT fix the issue then I will need the following info:

1) The model number off of the back of the set.

2) The age of the set.

3) Have you successfully tried any OTHER sources connected to the TV via HDMI that ARE working?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.