Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm trying to get my Polaroid to turn on. So far I changed 2

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to get my Polaroid to turn on. So far I changed 2 condensers but instead of 1000uF 10v, I used a 1000uF 25v. I saw on a DIY, it would be okay to go that high. But still doesn't work. Please help
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Polaroid 3200
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only what I said in first mess
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Was the TV completely / electrically dead? ...please describe symptoms exhibited prior to any repair attempt(s).