Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm trying to get my Polaroid to turn on. So far I changed 2

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to get my Polaroid to turn on. So far I changed 2 condensers but instead of 1000uF 10v, I used a 1000uF 25v. I saw on a DIY, it would be okay to go that high. But still doesn't work. Please help
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Polaroid 3200
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only what I said in first mess
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Was the TV completely / electrically dead? ...please describe symptoms exhibited prior to any repair attempt(s).