Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

Red blinking lights - AC power disruption occurred - how can

Customer Question

red blinking lights - AC power disruption occurred - how can I re set the TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-How long have you had the tv?

-What is the model number?

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4 years
Model TC-P50GT30
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

That red blinking LED means your tv needs parts inside replaced. There is no reset because an internal part has failed. The entire back of the tv has to come off, complex checks done, then parts ordered and replaced. This is not something the average person can do and a repair shop should be consulted unless you have previous electronics experience and tools. You can expect to pay $300-$400 total for this type of repair.

I'm so sorry for the bad news. If you like I can help you locate a trusted repair shop near you, just reply back with your zip code and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Reply back here if you want to attempt a DIY repair without an actual diagnosis with tools (just buying the most likely part based on the blink pattern/code).

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?