Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My daughter throw some water on the tv, LG, modele:

Customer Question

My daughter throw some water on the tv
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LG
JA: Huh?
Customer: modele: 55LN5100-UB
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There is a sound the remote still working when try to turn off and on the tv
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: butthe screen is grey
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Unfortunately if there was water thrown on the screen (which always almost always leads to a failure), and the screen is gray- this does indicate that the LCD/LED panel of the screen itself has failed. It generates heat with the lighting that's inside of the panel, and a sudden change in temperature will cause the crystal in the screen to fail. To repair the set would require replacement of the entire panel which is 80% of what the TV cost when new. When we see this in a shop, the set is considered "non-repairable" as it would cost more to repair the set than it would to replace it unfortunately. I'm very sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix but the set would need to be replaced if any liquid at all came in contact with the screen.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

The only small saving grace for this failure of the TV, without taking a complete loss on the set, is to contact a used/pulled parts supplier like: http://www.shopjimmy.com as they generally purchase TV's with failed screens to sell for parts. At least that may be a way to recoup a small amount of the loss.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

No I can't take a phone call- sorry. The site sends that offer to you automatically- it's not anything I have any control over. Please simply reply back to the info requested here to proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you no need for a phone call
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome and sorry for the bad news here. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.