Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a pioneer elite 50inch tv about 7-8 years old been

Customer Question

i have a pioneer elite 50inch tv about 7-8 years old been working fine but this morning lost power, not even red light on the front like when normally powered off
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

The symptoms of the set having no power light, generally means it's internal power supply board has failed and needs to be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?