Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have a Samsung TV (Model No. LN40B610A5F & Model Code:

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV (Model No. LN40B610A5F & Model Code: LN40B610A5FXZA) and when I turn on the TV everything works just fine and then in about 10-30 seconds the pictures goes blank (black screen). Any ideas why and what do I need to repair it.
Davis Hudson
Cell # *****(###) ###-####
Email # ********@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Davis.

Are you able to see the samsung menu screens at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Everything works fine when you turn it on but then screen goes blank within seconds after turning it on.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Okay, if you hold a flashlight to the screen, can you still see images/menus at all?

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too, just let me know. Just let me know either way.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No - took TV to repair shop Friday afternoon.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the update, though I would have advised against repairs on a set of this size.

It doesn't hurt to get an estimate, but you could buy a brand new tv with a fresh warranty for under $300, and you can expect repairs to be in that same price range.

If you'd like some replacement recommendations, I'd be happy to help with that as well.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,