Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

We spoke yesterday, but I didn't save the record; can

Customer Question

We spoke yesterday, but I didn't save the record; can you tell me again where to buy a new main board for my Sony 32" TV?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Sure, give me 5 minutes to provide you all those info here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

There are two possible circuit boards in TV that can cause such symptoms, either Power Supply board or Main Board, it needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to determine what board is bad to get it replaced. If you have plan to do-it-yourself then you would need to check Standby volts on power supply board, if standby 3.3V DC reading is available when touch meter leads that means power supply board is working and problem would be in Main Board that should be replaced.

If no standby volts reading appear on meter while TV power cord is plugged in then replace power supply board to resolve the issue. Please click following links to view power supply and Main board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info..

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

Please set meter to DC Volt range, touch black lead to metal frame of rear of TV fro ground and use red lead to touch the pin marked as Standby 3.3V on connector of power supply board, plug TV power cord in to get reading on meter.

Thunderstorm static charge can damage both boards and there is no way to examine both boards at the same time so need to apply proper troubleshooting procedure, first check power board to figure out bad board, if power board found bad and its replacement doesn't fix the issue then main board will also be damaged and will be replaced to resolve the problem.

Since 32 inch TV is available on low price like $130 plus so at that point (if found both boards bad) you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money on this old TV. I hope these info will help to make decision.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.